Since 1996, Prairie house has offered a safe and caring treatment program encompassing the twelve step philosophy. Our belief is that recovered men who have overcome their own barriers and obtained skills to help others has the most profound impact in our experience. We have received the highest accreditation approval several times that governing bodies offered. Combining profound impact with an intense recovery structure, tells you that we really mean business about helping men get sober.
We've outlined a number of objectives aimed to help guide clients on their recovery:
The program at Prairie conducts a number of activities during the program:
- Introduction to the Twelve Step Model of Recovery
- Recognition and acceptance of alcoholism and/ or addiction
- Development of coping mechanism (relapse prevention)
- Obtain and maintain a healthy lifestyle free from alcohol and drugs
- Access to employment/ educational goals
- The opportunity to build a support network conducive to successful recovery
What's the length of your stay?
- Individualized Treatment Plan
- Group Therapy
- Video and Oral Presentations
- Written and Reading Assignments
- Access to medical support from a team of addiction physicians
- A.A. and N.A. meetings
- Step guides, re-establishment of contact with family
InnerVisions provides a 60-day treatment model moving the client through a twelve-step program. In some cases a client can ask for an extension for a small period of time depending on their Aftercare Plan. Depending on a person's needs, InnerVisions has access to some credible Aftercare Houses that are not part of InnerVisions; they are designed to provide structure and safety, and as long as a client is making progress and following the rules, they are allowed to reside there and take all the time they need for up to one year.
Furthermore, InnerVisions has received the highest accreditation possible and meets internationally accepted standards. For the last several years, InnerVisions has been awarded Finalist Status, as well as winning the coveted award for Excellence in the Prevention and Treatment of Substance Abuse In Canada by The Donner Foundation. The Donner Foundation recognizes Canadian non-profit organizations for exemplifying excellence in the delivery of community-based programs. They are Canada's largest and most prestigious non-profit recognition program.