To be eligible for treatment, an appropriate client:
To become a client in our program, a person must:
- Is any adult, over 19 years of age, who has alcohol and drug abuse as a primary diagnosis.
- Has been approved to participate, by our doctor, with respect to their substance withdrawal (detoxification).
- Is mentally and physically capable of functioning in a therapeutic residential group treatment program.
- Can function in the English language or have access to interpretation services.
- Demonstrates a willingness to participate in a recovery program.
All prospective clients of the InnerVisions Residential Treatment Program will be screened via telephone with regards to their appropriateness for service, and may undergo a second screening during the personal interview process. At the time of the telephone intake, priority is given according to client need and bed availability.
- need our services
- want our services
- ask to join us
- commit to our program
- be prepared to be held to their commitment
Free of pending court appearances
Generally, we do not accept into residency people with pending court appearances. Our staff will help you to arrange deferment if necessary.
Psychologically and Physically Capable
Clients must be ambulatory, able to manage stairs and move about on their own. InnerVisions is not designed for wheelchair use. We do not have permanent medical staff on site, nor do we have extra staff to assist client mobility.
Some medical and psychiatric conditions are beyond our expertise. Those accepted into InnerVisions must be psychologically and physically capable within normative margins.
Wait times vary from a few days to a few weeks.
Intakes will take place from 8:00 am until 3:00 PM, if you have been given an intake time and do not show up during these hours you will not be allowed to access the facility, until the next day, and might very well lose the bed space, at the staff's discretion. It is very important that the person seeking treatment understands this policy.
OUT OF TOWN Clients we can accommodate a flexible intake time due to the various arrival times, however we would strenuously encourage that your intake be done during business hours if possible.
Should an individual not qualify for treatment at Innervisions, we are committed to make the appropriate referral.